Call us now: 888.283.7272
- Nov 06, 2014
- Dr. Asa Andrew
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp hot red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg or to taste, preferably freshly grated
- salt to taste
- Trim ends off Brussels sprouts and remove any discolored outer leaves.
- Cut or chop the sprouts roughly (1/4 inch pieces). You should have about 4 cups.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt, and sauté, stirring frequently, until onion is golden.
- Add the chopped sprouts, and sauté, stirring frequently, until sprouts are bright green and crunchy tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the nutmeg and mix well.
- Turn off heat