Call us now: 888.283.7272
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
- Dec 09, 2014
- Dr. Asa Andrew
- 1.5 cup almonds, soaked at least 8 hours
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 15 dates, pitted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 organic eggs
- Process the almonds and coconut in a food processor until they are finely ground, working in batches based on the size of your machine.
- Process the coconut milk, dates, coconut oil, eggs, and spices until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir the wet mixture into the almond mixture. The texture should be as pictured, sticky enough to hold together. You can add an additional tablespoon or two of coconut milk if necessary.
- Use a small cookie cutter ring to get round shapes. Simply line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then add two spoons of the batter into the ring.
- Using your finger, gently pat the batter down to flatten the cookies.
- Sprinkle the formed cookies with some more desiccated coconut.
- Bake the cookies at 325°F for 20 minutes or until they are lightly browned.