Super Greens with Pear-Walnut Glaze
- Dec 23, 2014
- Dr. Asa Andrew
- 3 medium shallots, sliced
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil, plus more for pan
- 1 organic pear, cored (3/4 diced)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons raw unheated honey
- 1 tbsp celtic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bag kale
- 1/2 bag rainbow chard
- 1/2 bag beet greens
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 cups crushed walnuts
In a large-sized ceramic pan add the sliced shallots with a drizzle of oil and slowly cook over medium heat about 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in the diced pear and cook down until pulpy.
Carefully add the pear mixture to a blender along with the lemon juice, honey, 1/3 cup grapeseed oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Puree until smooth adding a little water to thin if necessary; it should be the consistency of a thick vinaigrette. Set aside in the refrigerator to cool.
Wash all the greens and remove the stems. Tear the leaves into bite-size pieces and dry well. Mix in a large bowl.