Sweet Potato Cinnamon Casserole
- Dec 16, 2014
- Dr. Asa Andrew
- 3.5 cups sweet potato, cubed
- 6 teaspoons stevia
- 3 organic eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons organic butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put sweet potatoes in a pan with water to cover. Cook over medium heat until soft; drain and mash.
In a medium bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, stevia, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a baking dish.
In medium bowl, mix the stevia and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the walnuts. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven 35 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.